In the 15th century our hotel was first mentioned as an inn in the Gschwandt. The Alte Post was, and is today, still the cultural, social and political centre of Faistenau.
The Gasthaus zur Post began in the 16th century as the post office of the Salzburger Post Carriage where the incoming post was deposited and collected.
From 20th January 1898 the first storey of the inn was the post office and the then owner was also the post master.
The Faistenau post carriage was in operation until 1928 and went once a day to Salzburg and back again. The post carriage also doubled as a means of transport for food and building materials.
The inn of Josef & Maria Grill was taken over in 2001 by Gabriela Teufl (born Grill) and Andreas Teufl and is today run as a hotel.
Our three children Michael, Bernadette and Johanna are now employed in the hotel, either full or part-time, and daughter-in-law Bernadette looks after our little ones, Michael, Matthias, Maximilian and Sophia.
Our aim is to master the challenge of a village inn together with a four star hotel and to fulfil the wishes or our guests and local inhabitants.